Search This Blog

Friday, August 13, 2010

"Nestle Toulouse"

One of my favorite episodes of Friends centers around Monica and her quest to recreate Phoebe's Grandmother's chocolate chip cookie recipe (appropriately named "The One With Phoebe's Cookies"). Monica tries every variation of a chocolate chip cookie recipe she can think of with no success only to hear Phoebe declare that she remembered her Grandmother saying she got the recipe from a French friend name "Nestle Toulouse".  <Insert canned laughter here> The episode cracks me up each and every time I see it mostly because I can relate. My own Grandmother's "secret" chocolate chip cookie recipe is printed on the back of that yellow bag of chocolate chips. And her sugar cookie recipe? Well, lets just say I have the cut off side of what I can only guess was a baking soda box from 1952.

But seriously, is there anything better than a classic Nestle Toll House chocolate chip cookie?

J had requested a dessert to bring into the office today so naturally I went directly to my Old Faithful.. the chocolate chip cookie.

Don't you just want a spoon??



I have only two simple recommendations when making the cookies. The first is USE BUTTER! Specifically, use unsalted butter. (This is actually a great guideline for any sort of baking adventure you find yourself embarking on). And the second is learning that your refrigerator is your best friend. If you are baking in a hot kitchen or if you live in a hot and humid climate your dough will start to become too soft. There is a fine line between softened dough that you can spoon onto a cookie tray and dough that is already melting that will give you flat, thin cookies.

I love my iPhone, but I really need to invest in a real camera.




And for those of you who do not have the Toll House Cookie recipe you can find it here. The only thing left to do... go get a glass of milk and enjoy!

The final product!


Just in case J forgets who made the cookies for him :)

3 comments:

  1. lol when grandma began to read this she started to laugh. This is awesome court good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can attest to the "delicousness" of your Nestle Toulouse cookies....best of luck with your new venture
    Leeann and Greg

    ReplyDelete
  3. i assume that the comment about your 'fridge being your best friend' is pointed directly at your mother? hahahah

    that is also one of my favorite episodes of friends for sure!

    All your pictures are so nice!

    ReplyDelete